a Three-Part Webinar Series
Registration for Webinar 1 now open.
Webinar 1: Join the Secure Telephone Identity Governance Authority (STI-GA) for the first in a series of webinars featuring industry insiders speaking about one of the voice network’s most formidable challenges.
Implementing SHAKEN: Understanding STI-GA Policies & Registering with the STI-PA
December 3, 2020, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Background: To address the flood of illegal robocalls with spoofed numbers, the STI-GA, an industry-led body, has set up the SHAKEN ecosystem so that service providers can obtain the digital certificates they need to sign calls and authenticate caller ID in accordance with the SHAKEN standards. The ecosystem includes a Policy Administrator (STI-PA) and Certification Authorities (STI-CAs).
How does a service provider join the ecosystem? What are the steps required to begin to authenticate calls so that other providers know the caller ID can be trusted? What help can service providers find to navigate the path forward? This webinar answers these questions.
Webinar 1 – Implementing SHAKEN: Understanding STI-GA Policies & Registering with the STI-PA describes the governance of the STIR/SHAKEN ecosystem, including the policies to which service providers will have to adhere. It will also provide an overview of the registration process and give service providers an idea of how long the registration process might take, as well as tips on how to expedite it.
STI-GA Director, Brent Struthers of ATIS
STI-PA Director of Customer Service, Scott Bockowski of iconectiv
NetNumber Founder, Douglas Ranalli
Neustar Principal Product Specialist, Ken Politz
TransNexus Senior Software Architect, Alec Fenichel
Mark Your Calendars Now to Attend the Full Series
All webinars held at 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Webinar 1: Implementing SHAKEN: Understanding STI-GA Policies & Registering with the STI-PA (December 3, 2020)
About the STI-GA
The Secure Telephone Identity Governance Authority (STI-GA) is the industry-led effort to support the timely deployment of the STIR/SHAKEN protocol and framework. The STI-GA Board consists of representatives from the following stakeholders:
- Chair – Linda Vandeloop, AT&T
- Vice Chair – Glenn Clepper, Charter Communications; appointed by NCTA – The Internet & Television Association
- Clinton Lee, Jackson Energy Authority; appointed by the America’s Communications Association
- Nathan Sutter, Nex-Tech Wireless; appointed by the Competitive Carriers Association
- Indra Chalk, T-Mobile; appointed by CTIA
- Greg Rogers, Bandwidth; appointed by INCOMPAS
- Dave Frigen, Wabash Communications; appointed by NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association
- Chris Oatway, Verizon; appointed by US Telecom
- Gunnar Halley, Microsoft; appointed by the VON Coalition
- Michael Starkey, QSI Consulting, Inc.; appointed by Western Telecommunications Alliance and TEXALTEL
- Tim Kagele, Comcast
- Darah Franklin, Google
Learn more about the work of the STI-GA at www.atis.org/sti-ga/. The STI-GA operates under the auspices of ATIS.