On Jan. 25, 2017, ATIS hosted Time and Money: The Workshop on Time Sync in Financial Markets at the New York Stock Exchange. More than 120 participants learned about the leading timing and sync issues of relevance to the finance industry. Speakers included finance and telecommunications experts as well as government officials from the Securities and Exchange Commission and Department of Homeland Security. Their presentations are now available to stream below. Slides for each presentation are available at the official event website, www.atis.org/tam.
- Why Time Matters to Financial Markets
Resilient Navigation and Timing Foundation
- Increasing Resilience for Positioning, Navigation and Timing
Department of Homeland Security
- How to Get a Good Time: Transferring UTC from a Lab
Marc Weiss Consulting
- UTC and NIST Time
National Institute of Standards and Technology, Time and Frequency Division
- Panel: How Do the U.S., Europe and Asia Address Timing?
Metamako; Microsemi; Scott Caudell; Tabb Group
- Panel: GPS Time Reliability and Traceability: What it Means in Financial Markets
Booz Allen Hamilton; Diamond Consulting; Resilient Navigation and Timing Foundation; Trimble; Windstream
- Resilient Timing: GPS, Atomic Clocks, and Now STL
- NTP vs. PTP: How Do You Get Accuracy?
- Pragmatic Approaches for Sync Delivery in Finance Markets
- Practical Fault Tolerance for Time Distribution in Financial Markets
- Differences Between Telecom and the Financial Network Environment
- Panel: Timing as a Service
CenturyLink; FSMLabs; Microsemi; National Physical Laboratory; Perseus
- Across Time and Space – MiFID, Dodd-Frank and Universal Time
Capital Markets Advisors
- Speed and Latency in U.S. Equity Markets
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission