In a rapidly changing industry, innovation needs a home.
ATIS is where companies in the information and communications technology (ICT) industry come together to address common, critical priorities. Whether it’s aligning on how to address challenges and progress new business opportunities; taking the long-term, strategic view on how to advance industry transformation; or creating a platform for collaboration with other industries, ATIS drives innovation.
In any emerging technology area critical to the industry’s future, ATIS is at work. Our value-driven mission identifies how and where to collaborate as well as share resources, effort, and cost to develop large-scale, interoperable solutions for the common industry good.
Our initiatives are as diverse as the challenges they address. They encompass technology assessments for strategic industry planning, business use case formulation, open source projects, requirements, specifications, standards, interoperability testing, software toolkits, industry best practices, user guidelines, industry-supported testbeds and more. While technical in nature and addressing members’ business priorities, the work often integrates a policy component, which contributes to its success. Current priorities include:
- Advancing the 5G network, with a focus on North American requirements contributing to a global 5G standard
- Mitigating the problem of unwanted robocalling
- Leveraging artificial intelligence to advance ICT industry objectives and innovation
- Generating new business opportunities through a Smart Cities Data Exchange
- Developing solutions and an overall industry framework for addressing cybersecurity threats
- Advancing the next-generation emergency communications advances the market demands
ATIS is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). The organization is the North American Organizational Partner for the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), a founding Partner of the oneM2M global initiative, a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), as well as a member of the Inter-American Telecommunication Commission (CITEL).
Get the specifics on how ATIS’ work is advancing the future of ICT in the ATIS Overview (PDF). The report highlights ATIS' many accomplishments and gives a glimpse of ATIS' current future-focused priorities.