Public Safety Related Applications (PSRA)
The transition to an All-IP network ties together a significant portion of ATIS’ work, both within the TOPS Council and in the Committees. The TOPS Council has agreed to help steer developing technologies to meet the business needs associated with this complex migration. The TOPS Council IP-Transition of Public Safety Related Applications Task Force (PSRA-TF) will address the migration of infrastructure associated with public safety, for example:
• Alarm circuits to local fire and police departments
• FAA circuits to towers and alarms
• Circuits that monitor railroad crossings
• Circuits for sensors at gas and power company locations
• Meter and alarming circuits related to power grid
• Circuits supporting underground communications
• Telephony circuits between a dispatch device and an analog repeater (including inband signaling for control of the repeater)
• Circuit-based paging systems for public safety sector (e.g. voluntary fire departments and EMS)
This group will inventory, assess, and propose recommendations for these, or other, applications, and will examine the various issues impacting transition. Ongoing outreach will occur with the relevant industry groups and governing bodies to aid in the transition.
Telephone and Data Systems
Time Warner Cable
The PSRA is developing a catalog of currently available solutions to help advance critical public safety communications infrastructure into the All-IP era. It has issued a request for information (RFI) seeking input from organizations that manufacture public safety communications technologies. Access the PSRA RFI.
© Copyright 2015 Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions
www.atis.org | 1200 G Street, NW Suite 500 | Washington, DC, 20005 | +1 202-628-6380