Global Standards Collaboration
ATIS is a founding member of the Global Standards Collaboration (GSC).
The GSC mission:
GSC is an unincorporated voluntary organization dedicated to enhancing global cooperation and collaboration regarding communications standards and the related standards development environment by facilitating:
- Exchange of information.
- Identification of common views on priority topics, particularly with respect to emerging communications technologies.
- Collaboration in planning synergistic standards development activities that may reduce unnecessary duplication and increase efficiency with a view to developing international standards fulfilling the World Trade Organization Uruguay Round Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade Annex 3 Code of Good Practice for the Preparation, Adoption and Application of Standards.
Per the GSC-9/15 resolution, the ITU agreed to be the central respository for past GSC meeting documents — access GSC documents via www.itu.int/ITU-T/gsc/meetings.html. View a brief history about GSC.
- GSC-18 was hosted by ETSI in Sophia Antipolis, France (July 22-23, 2014) - GSC-18 Press Release
- GSC-17 was hosted by TTA in Jeju, Republic of Korea (May 13-16, 2013) - GSC-17 Communiqué
- GSC-16 was hosted by ISACC in Halifax, Canada (October 31-November 3, 2011) - GSC-16 Communiqué
- GSC-15 was hosted by CCSA in Beijing, China (August 30-September 2, 2010) - GSC-15 Communiqué
- GSC-14 was hosted by ITU in Geneva (July 13-16, 2009) - GSC-14 Communiqué
- GSC-13 was hosted by ATIS in Boston, MA (USA) (July 14-17, 2008) - GSC-13 Communiqué
- GSC-13 Documents:
- GSC-12 was hosted by ARIB and TTC in Kobe, Japan (July 8-13, 2007) - Documents; GSC-12 Communiqué
- GSC-11 was hosted by TIA in Chicago, Illinois, USA (May 28-June 2, 2006) - Documents; GSC-11 Communiqué
- GSC-10 was hosted by ETSI in Sophia Antipolis, France (August 28-September 2, 2005) - GSC-10 Communiqué
- GSC-9 was hosted by TTA in Seoul-Jamsil, Korea (May 9-13, 2004) - GSC-9 Communiqué
- GSC-8 was hosted by TSACC (now ISACC) in Ottawa, ONT, Canada (April 27-May 1, 2003) - GSC-8 Communiqué
- GSC-7 (and RAST10) was hosted by ACIF (now Communications Alliance) in Sydney, Australia (November 4-8, 2001)
- GSC-6 (and RAST-9) was co-hosted by TTC and ARIB in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan, (August 29-September 1, 2000)
- GSC-5 (and RAST-8) was hosted by ATIS/Committee T1 and TIA in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA (August 22-26, 1999). Contributions and Presentations from GSC-5 are available.
- GSC-4 (and RAST-6) was hosted by ETSI in Sophia Antipolis, France (March 30-April 2, 1998)
- GSC-3 was hosted by TTA in Kyongju, Korea (September 3-5, 1996)
- GSC-2 was hosted by TSACC (now ISACC) in Ottawa, ONT, Canada (June 6-8, 1995)
- GSC-1 was hosted by ACIF (now Communications Alliance) in Melbourne, Australia (March 1-3, 1994)
- Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (ARIB) Japan
- Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS) USA
- China Communications Standards Association (CCSA) China
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) Europe
- Information & Communications Technology Standards Advisory Council of Canada (ISACC) Canada
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Standards Association (IEEE-SA)
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) USA
- Telecommunications Standards Development Society, India (TSDSI) India
- Telecommunications Technology Association (TTA) Korea
- Telecommunication Technology Committee (TTC) Japan