ATIS committees and forums have migrated from the Contribution Registration Database (CRD) and website document posting to ATIS Workspace. Therefore, effective May 22, 2014, documents must be uploaded to ATIS Workspace. For a period of time, documents will continue to be maintained by staff via the CRD and webpages; however, the systems will not be synchronized daily and all participants must use ATIS Workspace for all of their committee/forum needs (documents, calendar, ballots, email, etc.).
In addition, effective May 5, 2014, the Network Performance, Reliability, and Quality of Service Committee (PRQC) has become the PTSC Quality of Service and Reliability (PTSC QoSR) Subcommittee. All previous PRQC activities will continue to be maintained by PTSC.
The Packet Technologies and Systems Committee (PTSC)
PTSC develops and recommends standards and technical reports related to services, architectures, and signaling, in addition to related subjects under consideration in other North American and international standards bodies.
The Packet Technologies and Systems Committee:
- Coordinates and develops standards and technical reports relevant to telecommunications networks in the U.S.
- Reviews and prepares contributions on such matters for submission to U.S. ITU-T and U.S. ITU-R Study Groups or other standards organizations.
- Reviews for acceptability or per contra the positions of other countries in related standards development and takes or recommends appropriate actions.
The LAES subcommittee is re-organizing the Voice over Packet Technologies in Wireline Telecommunications Networks standard to streamline to supplements for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and H.323, which defines protocols to provide audio-visual communication session on packet networks. For more information about LAES work, please contact us.
The Signaling, Architecture, and Control (SAC) subcommittee is working to map industry standards to enable the deployment of Emergency Telecommunications Service (ETS) within Next Generation Networks (NGNs). This project will guide progress of ETS through the implementation and deployment of the standards and anticipated technology updates.
- PTSC CSEC --Cybersecurity
- PTSC IPI --IP Interconnection
- PTSC LAES --Lawfully Authorized Electronic Surveillance
- PTSC PSTN --PSTN Transition
- PTSC QoSR --Quality of Service and Reliability
- PTSC SAC --Signaling, Architecture, and Control
PTSC-CLI is a joint project led by the PTSC Lawfully Authorized Electronic Surveillance (LAES) subcommittee and coordinated with WTSC-LI and CSF. This joint work includes Lawful Interception Implications on Cloud Services (WTSC Issue #P0103, PTSC Issue #S0103).
To access PTSC-CLI contributions, please log in to ATIS Workspace. All members of PTSC LAES, WTSC LI as well as several representatives from the Cloud Services Forum have access to these files and the joint firstname.lastname@example.org exploder list.
Please click here for a list of the PTSC member companies.